Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Lack a Pithy Title! I Also Lack a Proper Post!

You guys, we need to put forth a proposal to make the day longer than a measly 24 hours.

Either that, or someone needs to invent a miracle drug that will give people the ability to stay up/stay alert/stay alive for multiple days at a time.

Preparations continue for the epic NaNoWriMo 2011 expedition. I have an idea that I like very much--now the big challenge is just keeping the creative fire stoked with plot ideas until November 1 when I can actually start WRITING. I am doing my best to keep detailed notes, but that is easier said than done between work and school.

Speaking of the aforementioned, I'm attempting to get the bulk of my work for school finished as early as possible, so to not have many projects hanging over my head like anvils by the end of the quarter (which, naturally, is the middle of November). I can't really control my work schedule, but I can at least control how much homework I finish in one sitting! I've taken to running up to the school's computer lab during my work break (my store shares building space with my university) to Photoshop pictures for this article, or download reading for that class. Today I worked from 6.45am-3pm, and my classes started at 5.45, so I spent the intervening hours working on a paper that's due next week, one of two (the other of which I finished yesterday because it was the shorter of the two). Basically, if I'm not actually in class or at work, I'm glued to a computer somewhere, doing class and work related stuff.  The upside of this is that much work is getting finished, and finished earlier than usual, which is nice. The downside of this, of course, is that it leaves very little time for anything else.

But! But! All of this stress now pales in comparison to the excitement I feel that November 1 is only 13 DAYS AWAY. Thirteen. My lucky number! Here's hoping this is a lucky NaNo season!

How are you preparing for NaNoWriMo? What projects are you trying to get finished early to free up your November?

~Katherine

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to go! You sound like a writer - wait! That's right! You ARE a writer!
    I had a vague idea last week, but I forget it now. I always forget to make notes too. Do you think this failure to do anything at all writing-related has anything to do with the fact that I am not a writer? LOL Nah.
    12 days now! Getting excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't recommend note-taking enough! Maybe buy a little notebook to keep in your bag so you have paper on hand when you get ideas, even vague ones.
    12 days! Woo hoo! Everyone remember to register at nanowrimo.org!

    ReplyDelete