Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming! (Or: Okay, vacation's over, GET BACK TO WORK!)

It's been a very nice few days.

After the 28th, I wrote a few more paragraphs of my WIP, and then gently put it aside so I could, you know, rejoin the real world for a while. In terms of writing, it's been a relaxing few days.

And now, it is time to return to the schedule.

I am terrible--terrible!--at holding onto a story if I walk away from it for more than a few days. Scenery fades, the characters voices become quieter in my head, the whole plot gets kind of fuzzy and vague. After putting so much effort into the past 30 days, the last thing I want to do is let post-Nanowrimo letdown (read: laziness) destroy my ambition to finish the dratted thing.

So, back in the saddle I go! When I left off at 50k, I had about 8 chapters and a fair portion of the conclusion written. Hopefully I can pick up where I left off and continue in a nice, chronological way towards the conclusion :P I'm not sure how many words this project is going to be ultimately, but it feels like a doozy :)

How do you keep writing after the frenzy that is Nanowrimo? How much time do you take off before approaching your writing again?

~Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment