Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nov. 13: Back in the Saddle and Similar Euphemisms. Also, Tea.

Word Count: 23354 and counting

Well, it hasn't been quite as spectacular as I hoped, but I am writing words again! And not insignificant amounts of words, either!

I got home from work today, made a quick dinner, and sat down to write. Various distractions ensued, as distractions often do when you're writing on a computer with Internet access (helloooo Harry Potter YouTube wormhole!). So far I've written 1134 words today. My original goal was to make 25k tonight, but as it's almost midnight, I may revise that to make the mandatory minimum of 1667 and call it a night.

I was also somewhat distracted by homework. Tomorrow, my final project for one of my graduate classes is due. It's basically finished, but my classmate and I need to meet to polish out a few wrinkles in our video and our written story. I will post a link here once it's up on the web!

While I was trying to get the ball rolling this evening, I got to thinking about the unbelievable amount of tea I consume during Nanowrimo. Truth be told, I consume an unbelievable amount of tea, period, but during Nano that amount always seems to triple or quadruple, depending on the day. And that got me thinking: what kind of beverages do you consume most when you're writing?

I'm a big tea fan. Nothing makes me happier than a hot mug of the stuff. Black, green, white, herbal, I have yet to come across one I did not like.

I know a lot of Wrimos worship at the altar of the coffee bean, and a not-so-small number would happily hook up IV's of the stuff for the month of November. Still others prefer soda, or some lovely alcoholic beverage to get them in the writerly mood.

What's your favorite drink to have on hand when you're writing?

Keep up the writing, folks! We are almost halfway there!

~Katherine

1 comment:

  1. Tea, coffee, and I went on a binge of apple cider (hot with spices) last november!
    I love these blog updates!

    ReplyDelete