Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nov. 15: Halfway Mark

Word count: 26780 and counting

Well, guys, we're here. November 15. Halfway between Nov.1 and Nov. 30, the beginning and the end of this crazy 30 day adventure.

How is everyone feeling about their stories? Do you like your plots? Your characters? Do you hate them? Are you seriously considering throwing in a couple of monsters, just to make them DO something? Are you finding a need to cut out some monsters, because there's too much doing and not enough of anything else?

I'm finding that my WIP's protagonist pov is shifting rapidly from my main lady to her baby sister, among other things. I am ahead of the word count game, though by not as much as I'd like at this point. Today was one of those combo work and class days where I was out of the house from 6 in the morning til 10 at night.

The good news from that previous paragraph was that tonight was my last class of the quarter! Now I just have a final paper to turn in next week, but aside from that I am finished! I am quite excited about that.

Tomorrow, I do not work until 2, so I am hoping/expecting to cover more wordy ground then. Until then, though, I will keep writing until I must retire for much needed sleep tonight.

Congrats everyone, we have made it to the halfway point! Keep at it!


~Katherine

1 comment: